ShadowLight After Care Instructions
Tips for long lasting henna
- Give the paste 30 minutes to dry. ANY touching of the paste during this time will smear the paste!
- LEAVE THE PASTE ON your skin for as long as possible! 4 to 8 HOURS will yield the best results.
- The longer you leave it on, the darker the stain will be and the longer it will last!
- Once time to remove it, SCRAPE IT OFF! DO NOT WASH IT OFF! Washing the paste will result in a lighter stain.
- Your design will be a light or vibrant orange/yellow (depending on skin tone) at first, and will DARKEN to a reddish brown over the next 24 hours to 4 days.
- IT WILL LAST AT LEAST 1 WEEK, and up to 4 weeks, depending on care and how quickly your skin naturally exfoliates.
- KEEP THE DESIGN DRY for the first 12-24 hours AFTER PASTE REMOVAL. This will allow the stain to "set" and begin the oxidation process.
- BEFORE bathing or swimming, apply vegetable oil, natural lip balm, or other water-repelling, NON-PETROLEUM based product over the design. This will add a water barrier and help prolong the stain.
- DO NOT SCRUB the area while washing as this will quicken exfoliation, gently pat skin to dry after.
- AVOID CHLORINATED POOLS for the first 4 days. Chlorine will bleach the skin and increase exfoliation.